Every year, I look forward to Sephora’s Holiday offerings in the form of their Sephora Favorites kits which range from skincare, hair care, and makeup. The inclusion of full size and deluxe size products in each kit and the great value and price point make them even more covetable. The kit typically features products from a range of popular brands which gives you an opportunity to try out some of their best sellers without having to spend a fortune. This year’s anticipated Sephora Favorites Lip set, Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip and Liner, $60, is a departure from the kits released in previous years as it contains both lipstick and liner. I picked it up a couple of days ago when I spotted it in store and today I’ll be sharing details and swatches.
Details via Sephora:
A multibranded sampler set of perfectly paired lipsticks and liners–all in a giftable, collectible box.
Get five matching sets of lip color and liner in glossy or matte finishes–plus two glosses and two enhancers–for a polished look that’s all your own. This 14 piece set features full and deluxe size bestsellers, including Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Pretty Thing to Ciate London’s Liquid Velvet in VooDoo.
This set contains:
– 0.02 oz/ 0.75 g Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! double the lip in Fuchsia Fever
– 0.07 oz/ 2 mL Buxom® Full-On Lip Cream in Kir Royale
– 0.06 oz/ 1.77 mL Ciaté London Liquid Velvet in VooDoo
– 0.12 oz/ 3.54 mL Estée Edit Lip Flip Shade Transformer in 02 Turn Down (full size)
– 0.01 oz/ 0.25 g Know Cosmetics No Bleeding Lips™ Secret Lip Liner (full size)
– 0.05 oz/ 1.49 g Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Naked (full size)
– 0.04 oz/ 1.4 g MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge in M-401 MAT
– 0.035 oz/ 1 g Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Pretty Thing
– 0.06 oz/ 1.8 g NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
– 0.009 oz/ 0.27 g Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Crimson (full size)
– 0.05 oz/ 1.5 mL Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso
– 0.001 oz/ 0.04 g Tarte tarteist™ Lip Crayon in Mood Ring
– 0.08 oz/ 2.3 mL Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Sell Out
– 0.035 oz/ 1.2 g Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture in N° 70 Le Nu
The set contains a variety of lip products in different textures, colors, and finishes. You get your neutral tones, your holiday reds, and some deeper, bolder vampy hues that are Fall appropriate. I’ve broken it down into four lip categories for your reference. Kindly scroll below:
Makeup Forever Artist Rouge in M-401, reviewed here.
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, formula reviewed here.
Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Beso, reviewed here.
Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick in Sell Out, reviewed here
Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Pretty Thing
Yves St. Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Le Nu No. 70, reviewed here
THE BOLD LIP
Ciate London Liquid Velvet in Voo Doo, formula reviewed here.
Buxom Full on Lip Cream in Kir Royale
Estee Edit Lip Flip Shade Transformer in Turn Down- it is also in the ‘Other’ category.
Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real in Double the Lip in Fuchsia Fever
Estee Edit Lip Flip Shade Transformer in Turn Down (can be used to deepen shades)
This year’s set contains four full sized items and three of them are lipliners. You get a clear lip liner in No Bleeding Lips which helps to prevent feathering and lipstick from transferring out of your lip line. I happen to love this product and used it many times with the original OCC Lip Tars since they had the tendency to transfer and bleed. You also get coordinating lip liner shades to go along with the categories aforementioned. Laura Mercier’s lip pencil in Naked would pair beautifully with YSL’s Le Nu, while Smashbox’s Always Sharp Lip Liner would pair well with Stila’s Beso liquid lipstick or MUFE’s Artist Rouge in M-401 and so forth.
My initial thought is that the inclusion of four full size items with three of them being full size liners can either be a hit or miss with you. I have a sizable stash of lipsticks and glosses but I rarely own any lip liners. I think I may have a total of 1o in my collection so this set was a nice addition for me. However, if you prefer full size lipsticks and lip glosses, then you might be disappointed. I honestly don’t care too much for the full size shade transformer in Turn Down, but I will make good use of it. Swatches to follow below. Note: The No Bleeding Lips Lip liner was not swatched since it’s clear.
This set has a great range of lip products in different finishes and textures to try from many popular brands. You can pick out your favorites and perhaps find a product that you love that you will commit to purchasing full size. This would make a great holiday gift. It has a retail value of $185 USD and it’s priced at $60 USD.
Thanks for stopping by today.
*contains affiliate link