The International Makeup Artist Trade Show, better known as IMATS recently wrapped up this weekend in Pasadena, California. I had the pleasure of attending on Saturday. Shortly, I will be sharing with you a post brimming with images from the event. The event is open to both makeup professionals as well as students and makeup enthusiasts from all over. Those in attendance not only had the opportunity to fill their kit with essentials at a generously discounted rate, but they also had the opportunity to explore and learn from business forums and keynotes. This was my fifth time attending the show, and I truly had an amazing time. Kindly scroll below for more images and details.
The show consisted of three halls with a variety of offerings–from skincare, to makeup, to tools. There was a lot to explore. I made my rounds to each hall though I spent the majority of time in Hall 1, the makeup Mecca with over 200 booths!
Among one of the first booths I visited was Jouer. They had their best selling lip cremes on display as well as items from their permanent collection. I love this brand and their product offerings and I am excited to see what they have in store this year!
Last year Beautylish debuted their collection of Natasha Denona products. This year, the company had a full range of Jeffree Star product offerings.
Muse Beauty Pro had limited quantities of their new eyeshadow palettes available for purchase, the Warm Matte Palette and the Petit Pro palette, recently reviewed here.
The Inglot Booth had an enormous range of shades for one to create their own customizable palette through what they’ve coined the “Freedom System.”
L’Oreal had a booth for the very first time at the IMATS show, displaying their new Infallible Lip Paints.
The Tarte booth had a range of popular products sold at 40% off their retail price including a discount off newly released products.
Feral Cosmetics, a vegan line that consists of lip products made their very first debut at IMATS.
Sephora collection offered 40% off their range of professional brushes.
Hall 2 was a space devoted to makeup-effects and consisted of unique presentations by industry leaders as well as the Makeup Museum, with amazing displays from film and TV.
Several opportunities for attendances included listening to panel discussions and learning from the industry’s leaders.
Hall 3 consisted of other popular brands whose popularity arose through social media. Pictured above is the ever so colorful offerings from Sugar Pill Cosmetics.
House of Lashes was yet another popular booth selling their Instagram famous Iconic Lashes and the debut of their feather lite collection that weekend.
Makeup Storage and organization needs covered at the Cosmo Cube booth.
Another busy and popular booth was Dose of Colors offering the launch of two new shades from their liquid lipstick line.
The show would not be complete without artists displaying their craft and amazing talent at various booths.
My Haul consisted of something new and some things that are tried and true. I stuck to my New Year’s resolution and I did not go overboard. What I purchased:
1. The Violet Voss Ride or Die Palette- This is my very first introduction to their brand.
2. Lashes in a Box-A restock on the lashes that I absolutely love, purchased from Muse Beauty Pro.
3. Tarteist Lip Paint in Rose and Delish- These were $15 a piece and I fell in love with these colors when tried I tried them on. A few items were unfortunately out of stock by the time I was in line–the Shape Tape concealer & Single highlighters)
4. House of Lashes Playful set-It included the case and two popular lash styles along with their lash glue. I also purchased a set of their Iconic lashes as well as their new feather light lashes.
5. I was generously gifted two samples of the Feral Cosmetics Lipstick and liquid lipstick. I will be testing them out soon.
6. The Sigma Beauty Dry and Shape Tower-I’m excited to try this all -in -one brush tower and cleanser. I will report on my thoughts about it soon.
I had a remarkable time and look forward to visiting again next year. I hope you enjoyed this image heavy post. If you are interested in finding more about IMATS, you can visit their official site here.
Thanks for stopping by today.