Happy New Year! Another year in beauty has come and gone. It's now time to take stock and reflect on the past year. This year has been full of amazing product launches and releases, and I will be saving my top beauty favorites in skincare and beauty for another post. Today I want to share my top 5 beauty resolutions for 2017. I originally thought of at least 10, but narrowed it down to five, because I know I need to keep it attainable and realistic.
1. No Skimping on Beauty Sleep- Trying to keep up with so many responsibilities--my full time job, freelance work, blogging, and life in general wreaked havoc on a normal sleep cycle. Often times, I would wake up at 4am in the morning to work on my blog posts before getting to work by 7:30 am. Though I was happy to get content up, it came with some negative consequences such as feeling exhausted by the time I got off of work. I know there exists many beauty benefits of getting enough sleep, so I plan on prioritizing accordingly.
2. More Exercise- I know, I know. So cliche. But I have really been slacking off in this department. It doesn't help that I have little self-restraint when it comes to food. I am going to commit to working out at least twice a week and then go from there. Finding a consistent regimen and sticking to it is what I'm going for.
3. Stay Organized- This involves decluttering and finding space for all the beauty products I've acquired in an organized fashion. I recently purchased another Alex drawer that is currently on sale now at IKEA to help me with this goal. We all know that organization is key!
4. Wash my brushes regularly-I am such a total slacker when it comes to this. Sometimes I will wait over two weeks--sometimes three weeks to wash my makeup brushes because it's just so time consuming. I keep reaching for new ones. I recently read an article that reminded me yet again of all the oil and bacteria that can harbor within, so I'll be getting on this stat!
5. Don't Overbuy-We live in a world today where it's all about the next best thing. It's hard not to buy into the hype. There are so many new products that I've purchased over the past year that I have not truly had the time to enjoy, because there is always a new launch on the horizon. I am going to commit to sticking to a budget for my beauty purchases each month and to enjoy the things I already have. After all, they are all just material things.