One palette that I has been heavy on my rotation this summer is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette, $42. I’m sure many of you have already seen images of it circulate many, many times. I initially had a draft of this blog post dated June 6th, and here we are now full swing in July. If you’ve read my earlier blog posts, you know that I am a fan of her products, particularly the Liquid Lipsticks and Glow Kits, reviewed here and here. The eyeshadow palettes are among my other ABH favorites, and this one is truly a stunner.
The palette is housed in a pale pink velvety case that I find aesthetically appealing, however the only downside is that it easily traps and collects dirt and dust so I have to be very careful with it. It contains a total of 14 gorgeous shades, 11 of which are matte and 3 of which are metallics. A good mix of neutrals and pops of colorful tones such as pinks, vibrant reds, and deep oranges allows you to a create a varied number of looks that take you from day to night. The palette also contains a dual sided soft bristle brush along with a sizable mirror.
- Tempera – Velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Golden Ochre-Earty yellow with an ultra-matte finish
- Vermeer-Iridescent shell with a metallic finish
- Buon Fresco-Antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
- Antique Bronze-Metallic sable with a satin finish
- Love Letter-Raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
- Cyprus Umber-Dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
- Realgar-Brick with an ultra-matte finish
- Warm Taupe-Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
- Venetian Red-Crimson with an ultra-matte finish
- Red Ochre-Sienna with an ultra- matte finish
- Primavera-shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
- Burnt Orange-deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
- Raw Sienna-neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
The shades are beautifully pigmented and the finish is smooth and easy to blend. I found that some of the metallic finishes tend do kick up a little powder when applied, but they do stay put once they are on. The texture of the shadows are soft and pick up nicely with a the dual-ended eyeshadow brush included. The colors that I have been absolutely loving is Red Ochre, Burnt Orange, and Raw Sienna. Another stand out color is Venetian Red, it’s such a gorgeous earthy red shade that looks beautiful when blended into the outer crease of my eye. The texture, finish and longevity of the shadows are very impressive. Swatches to follow below.
I have nothing but love for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. It has a wide range of colors to suit the neutral lover like me, yet some fun pops of summer ready colors that can truly create a myriad range of looks. If you are a neutral lover like me, I think you will find very good use of this palette and I would wholeheartedly recommend it. I love it so much that I purchased two! Stay tuned for a giveaway coming very soon!
The palette will be part of the line’s permanent collection and is now available at Sephora, Ulta, Macy’s and locations where Anastasia Beverly Hills products are sold.
Did this palette make it to your list?
Thank you for stopping by today.